If your tooth is in need of repair greater than the strength a filling can provide, your tooth may need a crown. In the past, having a crown made required 2 visits, two shots, a messy impression, a plastic temporary crown and 2 weeks.
Today, with the advent of CEREC, one of the most exciting technological breakthroughs in modern dentistry, we are able to generate superior quality porcelain restorations (crowns, onlays, veneers) in a single visit.
What are the advantages?
- Single appointment restoration
- Natural tooth colored porcelain restorations
- No messy impressions or plastic temporaries
- Closest filling material to natural tooth available
- Precise computer generated fit allows preservation of tooth structure
- 20 years of positive clinical research
How does it work?
After the tooth is prepared to receive your new crown we use the CEREC acquisition unit’s built in camera to take a digital image using special optical infrared camera that records the tooth’s exact dimensions directly in to the computer.
We use advanced CEREC software to carefully design your crown. We then select an appropriate shade of porcelein to match your specific tooth and place it in the milling machine. In just a few minutes yor new crown is ready to try in.
We then add any necessary coloring and characterization. Your new crown is then bonded into place and polish it to a beautiful luster.