Safety procedures and protocols
Our staff has been trained to follow all procedures recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Best practices from these organizations have been incorporated into our daily routine.
Our practice utilizes the latest dental sterilization equipment and machines, including dental autoclaves, dental sterilizers, and steam sterilizers. Using these machines to clean dental instruments kills viruses and bacteria by applying pressure, steam, and heat.
Additionally, we make sure that all dental office surfaces are safe and clean by:
- Using CDC and OHSA appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Making disinfectant hand washing and hand sanitizer available throughout the office
- Sterilizing all equipment before and after each use
- Using disposable materials as often as possible
- Cleaning countertops, exam rooms, and surfaces with EPA approved disinfectants
After each use, we clean, sterilize, and disinfect any instrument that cannot be discarded. To ensure proper dental sterilization practices are followed, we:
- Clean : Each instrument is cleaned before moving to the sterilization step. Ultrasonic cleaners ensure all germs, bacteria, and other debris are removed.
- Package : Instruments are then wrapped in packaging before they are sterilized. They stay sealed until we need to use them.
- Sterilization : Once safely packaged, instruments are sterilized using approved FDA machines, including dental autoclave sterilizers.
- Disinfect : After every use, all of our machines and surfaces are thoroughly disinfected using EPA approved cleaners.
This dental sterilization process follows strict dental safety guidelines and we hope your knowledge of this procedure helps put your mind at ease during your appointment.
Some of the instruments that are safely discarded after one use include floss, gloves, gauze, face shields, and gowns, as well as masks, and brushes. Our staff is professionally trained in best practices when using and handling disposable materials, ensuring they are properly stored, used, and disposed of accordingly.
Training and Our Commitment to You
As always, you can rest assured that we provide the safest environment possible for your dental health needs. We regularly go through the latest sterilization and sanitation techniques every two years to stay up-to-date. As we continue to navigate operating procedures during this time, our staff are also being trained on a daily basis in accordance with new information from federal and state organizations.
These safety procedures are regularly updated based on the guidance of the American Dental Association and the CDC. Please give us a call if you have any questions. We are happy to give more information on how to prevent the spread of viruses, bacteria, and other infectious diseases.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
"If going to your dentist could ever be described as a wonderful experience, then this needs to be your dentist! The whole office staff was highly professional, efficient, and extremely friendly. I will be recommending this practice to my friends."
"I have been going to Schneider Family Dental for almost 20 years. The entire staff is wonderful and Dr. Matt takes great care of my entire family. They are always friendly and caring and treat you like family. I wouldn't go anywhere else!"